Simple but delicious with Vietnamese Banana Pudding! (Chè Chuối Chưng)
This type of delightful dessert is a great way to use up all of ripe bananas in your house. Ripe bananas will give this dessert the full flavor and scent of bananas. Thus, the natural sweetness from ripe bananas will make our pudding more delicious. In the recipe, we only use very small amount of sugar (but depending on your taste, you can add more or less sugar, as desired).
Its texture should be thick and creamy with the addition of coconut milk. Furthermore, tapioca shreds and tapioca pearls give the dessert its beautiful look. The main ingredients to make the dessert are pretty simple, including ripe bananas, tapioca shreds, tapioca pearls, and coconut milk.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/o_fxeSH5Op4?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Vietnamese Banana Tapioca Pudding
- 6 banana (ripen)
- 2 oz tapioca shred
- 2 oz tapioca pearl
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or pandan leaf)
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 4 cup warm water
- crushed peanut
- Soak tapioca shreds and tapioca pearls with plenty of warm water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Peel and cut bananas into 1 inch pieces. Marinate with 3 tsp. sugar for 10 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes into small chunks. Cook with water and salt for 5 minutes or just tender.
- Add bananas, tapioca shreds, tapioca pearls, coconut milk, the rest of sugar, and vanilla (or pandan leaf). Cook and stir constantly for 10 minutes or until all the ingredients are fully cooked.
- Divide Banana Pudding into small serving bowls. Top with crushed peanuts. It’s good to enjoy this dessert cold!