Vegan Recipe – Vegetarian Stir-fry Glass Noodle with Tofu (Miến Xào Chay)
Change your daily meal by making this simple and healthy dish, Vegetarian Stir-fry Glass Noodle (Miến Xào Chay). This is an amazing vegetarian dish made from glass noodles, tofu, and lots of vegetables. The noodles also have different names, bean thread noodles or cellophane noodles. You and your family members will love it.
You’ll need a non-stick skillet and a small bowl for this recipe.
Visit our youtube channel for more cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/64Jih_PaKkA?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Vegetarian Stir-fry Glass Noodle Recipe (Miến Xào Chay)
- 1 pack tofu (16 oz. pack)
- 12 oz glass noodle (mung bean noodle, bean thread noodles, or cellophane noodles)
- 8 oz mushroom (any kind)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek (or garlic)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp water
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- Soak glass noodles in cool water for 10 minutes if you use the mung bean noodle made in China. If you use the noodle made in Japan, soak them in boiling water until soft. Rinse and drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. mushroom seasoning, if using, 1/4 tsp. ground pepper, 3 tsp. soy sauce, and 2 tsp. water. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Slice leek until halfway. Discard the green. Mince the white well. Cut carrot, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper into thin strips about 2 inches long. Cut mushrooms into slices. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into 4 slices equally. Deep fry with 2 tsp. vegetable oil on medium heat until golden brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cut fried-tofu into slices. Marinate them with 1/2 tsp. mushroom seasoning, if using, 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. ground pepper, 1 tsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. minced leek.
- Heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add minced leek. Sauté until fragrance. Remove half amount of fried-leek from the skillet into a small bowl. Add marinated tofu and stir fry for 1 minute. Transfer the tofu into a clean bowl. Set aside.
- Add 1 tsp. vegetable oil into that skillet. Pour in carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and the rest of vegetables. Pour in half amount of the sauce. Stir well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and pour in the remaining sauce. Mix them up until well combined. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes or until soft. Then add tofu. Mix up.
- To serve: Transfer the noodles into a serving dish. Garnish with fried-leek. Sprinkle with ground pepper. Serve with soy sauce, as desired.
- This is the mung bean noodle package that we used, made in Japan, called Dried Alimentary Paste.
Love to hear from you. Please let me know your result!
Cost of main ingredients (4 servings) Tofu $1.28 Red bell pepper $0.86 Green bell pepper $0.86 Leek $0.88 Mushroom $1.78 Glass noodle $2.42 -------------------------------------------------- $8.08 ($2.02/serving)