Vegan Kimchi Hot Pot is a Korean-style stew. It’s also known as Kimchi nabe or kimchi jjigae. We made this hot pot with simple ingredients, including tofu, kimchi, mushrooms, and variety of vegetables. The soup should have the balance of sweet, sour, savory, and spicy. This soup is perfect to enjoy on cold winter days. However, you can also have it whenever you feel like having spicy hotpot.
We made the kimchi ourselves a few days before hand for this recipe. You can try to make kimchi at this link, Vegan Napa Cabbage Kimchi.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/nIu8w6xW7Io?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Vegan Kimchi Hot Pot
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 cup vegan kimchi
- 2 tbsp Korean chili
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning optional
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- fried soybean cake sliced
- soft tofu sliced
For the vegetables
- 1/4 Napa cabbage chunked
- Shimeji mushrooms
- 4 Champignon mushrooms
- 1 small carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 radish sliced
- garlic chive cut 2 inches long
- Arrange all the vegetables above into a pot.
- In a saucepan, add vegetable oil and garlic. Sauté for 1 minutes or until fragrant on medium high heat. Pour in Vegan Kimchi, along with Korean chili, sugar, salt, mushroom seasoning (opt). Stir fry for 1 minute. Then add vegetable broth and bring it to rapid boil.
- Pour the hot soup over the vegetable pot. Bring the soup to a boil and enjoy with rice vermicelli or white rice.