This easy, healthy recipe is made from some simple ingredients that you can find at any grocery store, such as beef, green beans, pineapple, bell red pepper, and some other usual seasonings. They are all combined together during a cooking process. The beef is tender and moist. Vegetables are crispy, medium rare, and shiny in color. The sauce tastes very delicious; it coats on the vegetable and beef.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe7Rs6LmP6Nb45qNU297BgA
[youtube https://youtu.be/H7xOownytKE?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Stir Fry Vegetables with Beef (Thịt Bò Xào Rau Cải)
- 1/2 lbs beef
- 1/2 lbs green bean
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 green onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning (optional)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- Cut green beans in half.
- Cut bell red pepper in half lengthwise. Remove cores and seeds. Cut into 1 inch strips.
- Cut yellow onion into even slices.
- Cut green onions in half. Cut the top into 1 inch. Mince the remaining well.
- Mince garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Slice beef across the grain thinly. Place the beef into a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. mushroom seasoning, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, 1 tsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. oyster sauce, and minced onion. Mix until well combined. Marinate for 10 minutes at least.
Making the Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. oyster sauce, and 2 tsp. water. Stir until dissolved.
- In another small bowl, add 1 tsp. corn starch and 3 tsp. water. Stir until smooth. ( This will thicken the sauce by the time we add it)
- Heat 1 tsp. vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half amount of minced garlic. Stir until it turns light brown. Add marinated beef and stir fry until medium rare. Transfer the beef into a clean bowl.
- Use that pan. Add 1 tsp. vegetable oil and remaining garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add green beans and stir for a few times. Then add 3 tsp. water. Cover the top and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the lid. Add pineapple, bell red pepper, and yellow onion. Pour in the sauce. Stir them up.
- Once again, cover the top and cook for another 3 minutes. Then Remove the top. Add green onions. Stir well. Then add beef. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the corn starch mixture. Stir quickly for 2-3 seconds. Remove from heat immediately.