When I grew up in Vietnam, I didn’t know about the Italian spaghetti. When coming to the States, I was thinking about adapting this kind of noodle into our normal cooking. This dish, Stir Fry Spaghetti with Pork (Mì Ý Xào Thịt Heo) is one that my kids actually enjoy eating. However, I had to cut the noodle into 1/2 in length before they would eat it. This healthy dish is a perfect combination of spaghetti, pork, and vegetables. The spaghetti tastes just right. Marinated pork is tender and moist. Likewise, the vegetable is perfectly crispy, medium rare and still keeps its beautiful color. Stir fry spaghetti with pork is a wonderful choice to change your stir-fried daily meals.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
Stir Fry Spaghetti with Pork (Mì Ý Xào Thịt Heo)
- 1 lb pork
- 2 medium carrot
- 3 green onion
- 4 celery stalk
- 1/2 white cabbage
- 4 garlic clove
- 17.6 oz spaghetti
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- Peel and cut carrots into thin strips by using a knife peeler.
- Cut celery into thin strips.
- Cut green onions in half. Cut the top into 1 inch. Mince the remaining.
- Mince garlic cloves well.
- Cut white cabbage in half. Remove cores. Cut finely. Set aside.
- Slice pork thinly. Place it into a bowl. Add minced onion, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, 1 tsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. oyster sauce. Mix well. Marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Making the sauce: In a small bowl, add 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. corn starch, 3 tsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. water, and 2 tsp. oyster sauce. Stir well until dissolved.
- Boil water in a saucepan on medium heat. Add spaghetti and 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally. Rinse and toss to remove any excess water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil. Add minced garlic and stir well until fragrant.
- Add marinated pork. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Cover the top. Turn heat to low and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the top. Add carrot and celery. Stir them up.
- Once again, cover the top. Cook for 1 minute. Then remove the top. Add white cabbage and stir well. Pour in the sauce. Increase heat to medium-low. Continue to cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add green onions and give it a good stir. Then add spaghetti. Mix them up. Turn off heat.