Steamed Egg Meatloaf Recipe (Chả Trứng Hấp)
Sharing one of the most super easy but delicious recipes to add into your daily menu, Steamed Egg Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Hấp). Main ingredients include pork, egg, and mung bean noodle. For this gluten-free recipe, you can either bake the meatloaf in an oven or steam it in a steamer. Egg meatloaf is also served as an appetizer or as a breakfast food as well. This is a delectable dish to have alone, or you can have it with white rice, vegetables, and Vietnamese Dipping Sauce.
Check out our recipe how to make this dipping sauce, http://www.npfamilyrecipes.com/recipe/vietnamese-dipping-sauce-nuoc-mam-pha/
For a vegetarian version of this meatloaf, we have this recipe, Vegetarian Vietnamese Steamed Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Chay). Some people also call it tofu loaf.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/HBiCEAPucAA?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Steamed Egg Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Hấp)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 egg
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 green onion
- 1.6 oz mung bean noodle
- 0.65 oz dried black fungus
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp annatto oil (optional)
- Soak dried black fungus in hot water and noodle in warm water for 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cut green onions into thin slices. Dice yellow onion well. Cut noodle into 1 inch. Cut fungus thinly. Set aside.
- Take 2 of 6 eggs and separate egg york from egg white. Add annatto oil into the egg york bowl. Stir well. (this will make the egg york more beautiful in color.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, yellow onion, green onion, noodle, and fungus. Pour in the egg white. Crack the remaining eggs into the mixture. Add sugar, salt, mushroom seasoning (optional), garlic powder, and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Brush oil over a pan bottom and sides. Pour the mixture into the pan. Spread evenly over the surface.
- Place the pan into a boiling steamer and steam for 20 minutes on medium heat. (Wipe off the lid every 10 minutes so that the water doesn't drip into the meatloaf.)
- Then pour in the egg york. Cover and steam for another 5 minutes. Then wait until it cool down. Remove meatloaf from the pan. Cut into slices and serve alone or with white rice.
I triwd this recipe .It was delicious .Thank you! Your banh bo was good too .Im a fan .
Thank you M for the good words.
I just found your blog and I subscribe to it. Thank you for sharing your recipes. So far I enjoyed the video. Specially the baby xeo , stuffed bitter gourd, the steam meat loaf . I love trying different ethnic foods . You’re is one of the best one I’ve seen . Keep up the good work.
Thank you Vic for stopping by.
I meant baby xeo
Hi! GREAT website! Can (or has anyone) used ground beef (instead of pork) for this recipe?
I know people have made this one with ground beef, and it’s also good too.