Spring Rolls Recipe (Gỏi Cuốn)
Learn how to make your own Spring Rolls at home. This is a perfect combination of shrimps, pork, and some vegetables just in one roll. Then gently dip the roll into the perfect Spring Roll Sauce or Vietnamese Dipping Sauce; take your first bite. Yumm! You will feel the crunchy fresh vegetables, the salty sweet sauce, the soft noodle, and the good taste of pork and shrimps gradually combining in your mouth. It is sure to bring a pleasant and delightful feeling ever.
You can check out our recipe to make the sauce for these rolls, http://www.npfamilyrecipes.com/recipe/spring-roll-sauce-tuong-cham-goi-cuon/
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/pxDVSpxiobA?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Spring Rolls (Gỏi Cuốn)
- 1/2 lb pork
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 25 rice paper
- 1/2 lb rice vermicelli
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lettuce
- 10 garlic chive
- Asian mints
- Spring Roll Sauce or
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- Bring water to a boil on medium heat. Add salt and place pork in. Cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked. Then slice thinly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add shrimps and stir fry until turn pink (about 3 minutes). Then peel, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the black lines. Set aside.
- Cook noodle for 5 minutes on medium heat or until soft. Rinse and drain well.
- Cut cucumber into thin strips. Set aside.
Making the Rolls
- Submerge rice paper in water. Remove and place rice paper on a cutting board or anything has flat surface. Place salad pieces, mints, and cucumber on the rice paper. Top with noodle, and pork slices. Put shrimps about 1/2 inch apart. Fold top edge over filling. Fold left and right sides over filling. Then place onion chive on. Tightly roll downward until closed.