Spicy Ketchup Chicken Wings Recipe (Canh Ga Om Ketchup)
In this recipe, we will make Spicy Ketchup Chicken Wings (Canh Ga Om Ketchup). This recipe is perfect for game day, tailgate party, picnic, or just because you want some chicken wings. This recipe is easy to make. Also, you can make them as hot as you like. For this recipe, the ingredients are chicken wings, all-purpose flour, ketchup, chili, oyster sauce, etc. Finally, you will need a fry-pan.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/CEdr0AZZ0AA?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Spicy Ketchup Chicken Wings Recipe (Cánh Gà Om Ketchup)
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- vegetable oil
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hot chili
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cooking wine
- In a plastic bag, place all the chicken wings, all-purposed flour, salt, and ground pepper. Seal the top and shake until all the chicken wings coated with flour.
- Deep fry the wings for 3-4 minutes on each side or until nice and golden brown. Remove the wings from oil and place them on a plate, lined with kitchen towel.
Making the Spicy Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the "Sauce Ingredients" well.
- Heat a saucepan with 1 tsp. cooking oil. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrance. Then pour in our ketchup sauce mixture. Cook on medium heat and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour our fried chicken wings into the sauce. Mix up until all the chicken wings coated with the spicy sauce. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the wings on a plate. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds, if using. It can be enjoyed with carrots and celery, as desire.