Roasted Chicken Recipe – Gà Nướng Mật Ong
Looking for an alternative to turkey for Thanksgiving? How’s about this recipe, Honey Roasted Chicken (Gà Nướng Mật Ong). For us the idea of eating a 10-20 lbs turkey sounds a bit too much. We won’t be able to finish it in one shot and probably end up throw more than half of it away. That would be such a waste. A chicken would be just right for our family size. We could finish it up in two days max. With commonly available ingredients, this recipe is simple enough to make. The skin is crispy and the meat is juicy and tasty. Our daughter would ask for the meat with skin on it 🙂
Roasting chicken at home probably costs the same at getting one at Costco, but making it as a family is priceless.
Check out our youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/zs7e9WFBJGs?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Roasted Chicken - Gà Nướng
- 4 lb whole chicken
For the paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce (black soy sauce)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground lemongrass (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
For the Honey Glaze
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp water
- In a small bowl, combine the Honey Glaze ingredients. Stir well until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the Paste ingredients until well combined.
- Rub the Paste mixture inside and outside of the chicken. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge for best flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place the marinated chicken into a baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil. Brush the Honey Glare over the chicken. Bake about 15 minutes more or until internal temperature is 180F. Remove the chicken from the oven. Place on a dish and decorate with parsley and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
- Have a good Thanks Giving with your loved ones!
Main Ingredient Cost Whole chicken $3.92 ----------------------------------------------------- $3.92 ̣($0.98/serving)