Recipe for Poached Prawn in Coconut Juice (Tôm Hấp Nước Dừa)
Today we make another exotic and interesting recipe, Poached Prawn in Coconut Juice (Tôm Hấp Nước Dừa). This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make. In Vietnam, we usually use live prawns. However, here in the US, we have to settle for frozen ones. The main ingredients are prawns and coconut juice. The interesting thing is the cooked prawns taste somewhat like steamed crab legs. I guess you can have them as a cheap alternative to crab legs. You can have them with dipping sauce made with lemon, salt and black pepper.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/pUXNy5pzzoE?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Poached Prawn in Coconut Juice (Tôm Hấp Nước Dừa)
- 1 lb prawns
- 1 coconut (or coconut juice)
- ground black pepper
- Use a sharp knife to cut the coconut top.
- Pour the coconut juice into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Place in the prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Arrange the cooked prawns around the coconut fruit. Deco with parsley and cherry tomatoes.
- It can be served with lemon-salted-pepper mixture.