The most delicious, fluffy, buttery, and creamy mashed potato ever!!! You can make it along with our baked salmon dish recipe.
Visit our youtube channel for more cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/uwZskpKbDtc?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Mashed Potato (Khoai Tây Nghiền)
- 2 lb potato
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream or whole milk
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Peel off all the potatoes skins. Rinse well. Cut into chunks. (Be sure to cut potatoes in the same size since we don't want some over cooked and some still rare in the middle.)
- Place potatoes into a pot. Fill with water. Add 1/4 tsp. salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Dump out potatoes into colander. Then place potatoes back to the pot. Cover for 5 minutes. (This will help them dry out a little more.)
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Then pour in whipping cream. Cook until it starts simmering.
- Mash hot potatoes until smooth by using a masher or a spoon.
- Add a little bit of warm milk mixture at a time. Then mix well. Continue to do so until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. ground pepper. Mix until well combined. (Taste to adjust your seasoning.) Transfer your mashed potato into a bowl. Top with garlic chive, if desired.
Main Ingredient Cost (5 servings) Potatoes $1.78 Whipping cream $0.90 ------------------------------------- $2.68 ($0.54/serving)