Make your own chicken wings with this Vietnamese style recipe. This recipe will give you delicious sweet and spicy wings for your game-day party. The wings are coated with flour and deep fried in hot oil until golden and soaked in delectable dipping sauce. Take a first bite and you will feel the delightful perfect combination of the wings and the sauce. The skin is crispy and coated completely with the flavorful sauce; the meat is moist and slightly sweet. This is a perfect finger food and really suitable for intimate meal with friends and family reunions.
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/i2mjDfV_16Y?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Fish Sauce Chicken Wing Recipe (Cánh Gà Chiên Nước Mắm)
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 lime or vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chili (optional)
- vegetable oil
- Cut chicken wings in half. Place the wings into a bag. Pour in flour. Seal and shake to coat the wings. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Whisk until dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Take chicken wings and shake off any excess flour. Then place into hot oil and deep fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
Final Step - Two Ways
- Dip the wings directly into the sauce. Serve right away!
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer and pour in chicken wings. Cook and stir constantly until the sauce is thick and coats completely on the wings.