Crispy Fried Egg Noodles Recipe (Mì Xào Giòn Hải Sản)
To get my kids to eat vegetables, I decided to make this scrumptious dish with variety of vegetables and mixed seafood (can be replaced with chicken, beef or pork), piled high on top of the delicious crispy fried egg noodles. The egg noodle is first fried until nice and crispy. It is then softened with the delicious stir fry seafood and vegetable sauce. While eating it, you will feel the yummy flavor, the crunchy vegetables, the crispy fried noodle, and the delicious stir fried sauce. That makes you want to eat more and more…
Check out our youtube channel for more short cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/9bSDsjMjlH0?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Crispy Fried Egg Noodles (Mì Xào Giòn Hải Sản)
- 1 lb mixed seafood
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 5 oz carrots
- 5 oz baby bok choy
- 5 oz snow peas
- 7 oz baby corn
- 5 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tomatoes
- minced garlic
- shallots minced
- vegetable oil
For the Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat some vegetable oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add small amount of egg noodles and fry it for 2 minutes on each side or until nice and crispy.
- Remove the noodles and place it on a plate, lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the "Sauce Ingredients" until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut carrots and mushrooms into slices. Cut yellow onion and tomatoes, if using, into wedges. Cut bok choy into bite sized pieces. Cut green onions and cilantro into 2 inches long. Cut off two ends of snow peas. Drain well the baby corns.
- Boil some water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and a half teaspoon of vegetable oil over high heat. Cook snow peas, carrots, and bok choy for 1 minute. Remove and place the vegetables into the icy water. (By doing so, your vegetables will be crunchy and also keep its beautiful green color)
- Sauté minced garlic and minced shallot with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil until fragrant over high heat. Place in mixed seafood and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Then remove mixed seafood from the pan and place it into a bowl. Set aside.
- Use the same pan, pour in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Saute' minced garlic and minced shallot until we smell fragrance. Pour in yellow onion, mushrooms, and baby corns; stir fry for 2-4 minutes. Then Place tomato,if using, carrots, snow peas, and bok choy into the pan. Give it a good stir. Finally, pour in the sauce, seafood, green onions, and cilantro. Mix them up and remove from heat.
- To assemble the dish, pour stir fried vegetable, seafood, and the sauce on top. Sprinkle with ground pepper. It can be served with soy sauce.
- Hope you enjoy this delicious dish!