The most delicious dish of baked salmon accompanied with delectable creamy lemon-butter sauce. The dish is more tasty and scrumptious when it is served along with Mashed Potato.
Visit our youtube channel for more cooking videos, https://www.youtube.com/NPFamilyRecipes.
[youtube https://youtu.be/9rbPJlnYCKc?rel=0 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen]
Baked Salmon with Lemon-Butter Sauce (Cá Hồi Bơ Chanh)
- 1 lb salmon
For the sauce
- 1 lime (or lemon)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut salmon into 4 parts equally. Place in a baking pan with foil or parchment. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until flakes.
Making the sauce
- Thinly cut 4 slices of a lime. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tapioca starch and water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on medium-low heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant. Pour in chicken broth and whipping cream. Then add ground pepper, salt, and sugar. Finally, place lime slices into the saucepan. Stir well and cook for 1 minute. After that, slowly pour tapioca mixture into the sauce with one hand, while stirring constantly with the other hand until the sauce gets to your desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Place salmon on a serving dish. Pour the sauce over the salmon. It can be served with Mashed Potato and your favorite vegies. Enjoy!
Main Ingredient Cost 1 lb. salmon $9.99 1 lime $0.18 1/2 cup whipping cream $0.50 ------------------------------ $10.67 ($2.67/serving)